Just a few weeks ago I got to try out some of the products from Monster, creator of audio equipment, courtesy of Joe’s Bloggers and #CurrysMonsterMashUp. Having never tried any of their products, I was particularly intrigued by their iSport range, specifically designed for active people in mind.
Monster iSport – The Athlete’s Headphone
Monster has created a specific sport range that is sweat proof, comfortable, secure and most importantly…shock proof! Did you know that conventional headphones can cause electric shocks? As sweat gets into the ear buds, it can damage the wires and cause them to short circuit. Monster’s state of the art redesign ensures this cannot happen, making them much safer! Now, having released a range of wireless headphones, the power of Pure Monster Sound means that none of the sound quality is lost as you remove the wires.
I’ve been testing out the wireless iSport Superslim Bluetooth headphones in the last couple of weeks and I’m pretty impressed with them so far! Although I don’t run, so can’t put them to the ultimate movement test, I’ve been in the gym, rushing around town, and putting them through their paces in my own way (this includes dancing around my kitchen)! They’re slim, comfortable in my ear, have great sound quality and a bunch of features to make any techie, music-lover happy!
- Ultra Lightweight & Slim – with an adjustable cord that wraps around the back of your neck, these won’t interfere with headbands, hats or helmets during your workout (there were some comments about the safety of cycling wearing headphones, but that’s another discussion entirely!)
- 5+ Hours of Constant Playback – I’ve not had to charge mine more than once a week, which is great. I can’t deal with yet another thing to charge overnight along with my iphone, laptop and ipad!
- 50-Foot Wireless Range – without losing the sound quality! Now I’ve not actually tested this to the inch, but I’ve had no problems with my music being in my bag on my back, in another room as I dance around the house, or across the floor as I’m training in the studio.
- Sweat Resistant Ear Clips – sweat resistant, because of what I mentioned earlier, these patented clips come in 3 sizes as well as 3 sizes of ear bud too. Once you find your perfect size, they definitely stay put!
- Apple ControlTalk Hansfree – using the volume control, which incorporates a microphone, you can talk on the phone as easily as with wired headphones!
Monster offers both wired and wireless options, and although I’ve only tried the wireless iSport SuperSlim myself. At the price of £129.99, they’re not cheap, however you’d spend the same on a rival product.
I’d love to try their Superstar Backfloat Bluetooth speaker, water resistant and floats too….if you ever need that nifty little trick. I’m always on the look out for a decent, but portable set of speakers for teaching my clients out of the studio. Having tried it during the #CurrysMonsterMashUp event, I can say that the sound quality is epic, and rivals any other well-known speaker I’ve ever tried. The price point is the same as their equivalent too.
So thanks Monster and Currys for letting me try these! I’ll definitely be using them instead of standard headphones that hurt after 20 minutes in my ear!
I received iSport SuperSlim headphones as part of #CurrysMonsterMashUp event. All views are my own, see disclaimer for details.