Arrived at the gym at peak time all the resistance machines are taken, no space in the free weights area? Grab yourself a kettlebell, and follow my simple circuit for a quick workout with minimal space or equipment required.
* First things first, make sure you warm up with a 4-5 minute cardiovascular pulse-raiser, and some mobilising stretches for your shoulders, knees and hips.
- Back Lunge with Overhead Press (bell in same hand as foot that steps back) – 10x each side
- Side Lunge + Knee Lift (bell in both hands at your chest) – 10x each side
- Oblique Windmill x10 each side
- Single Arm Snatch – right side x10, repeat other side x10
- Kettlebell Swings x10
- Russian Twists x20 (not pictured)
Repeat the whole circuit two or three times depending on your time (and strength)!!
- Finish with Turkish Get Ups (if you’re familiar with the technique) or Changing Single Arm Kettlebell Swings.